Brightwater State School Curriculum Overview
Brightwater State School is committed to the delivery of the Australian Curriculum through personalised learning for students within an eLearning context.
Brightwater State School is implementing the Australian Curriculum in the areas of:
- The Arts
- Health and Physical Education
- Languages Other Than English (Japanese)
Staff members at Brightwater State School are passionate about personalising learning for all students.
We achieve this through:
- Exploring and catering to student preferred learning styles
- Providing a "Workshop Model" of delivering personalised learning whereby teachers select appropriate content and strategies based on pretests, student data and student learning goals
- Embedding Higher Order Thinking skills into lessons
- Embedding co-operative learning strategies into lessons
- Allowing students the opportunity to demonstrate and receive feedback on their learning.
Brightwater state school is a digitally rich environment embracing the philosophy of 21st Century Learning. Information Communication Technologies are used purposefully throughout the learning process to achieve curriculum intent.
Brightwater State School utilises a number of online learning platforms to support curriculum delivery and a personalised learning approach for students.