At Brightwater we value the Performing Arts and how
it can enrich and enhance a child’s learning. Not only does it provide a creative
outlet for children but also it builds confidence and stimulates the
In our Dance Excellence program students are exposed
to many popular dance styles such as ballet, contemporary, lyrical, jazz,
musical theatre and hip hop.
At Brightwater, we are
committed to providing our students with the opportunity to perform at school
events and for the wider community. Students are also fortunate
enough to learn from professional artists. This allows our students to
gain an insight in to the performing arts industry thus providing them with
links to future career prospects.
Students in Years 4 to 6
spend 90 minutes a week conditioning their bodies for safe dance
practice. They learn quality routines and learn how to manipulate
choreography. Each lesson begins with a warm up and ends with a
cool down and stretch.
Every year we audition
children to assess their level of skill and attributes that may make them a
successful candidate for the program. Not only do they need to
demonstrate a high level of dance technique but they need to demonstrate our
Star Values at all times.
Auditions will be held
in Term 4 and will require students to perform a 30 second routine that
showcases their talent. A panel of teachers will determine the successful
- Sunshine Coast Dance Eisteddfod - 2nd Place
- Sunshine Plaza Breakthru Competition – Overall Winner
- Australian Pinnacle Dance Challenge – 1st Place Hip Hop
- Wakakirri Story Dance Competition – National Finalists
- Sunshine Coast Dance Eisteddfod – Highly
- Sunshine Plaza Breakthru Dance Competition –
- Get the Beat Sunshine Coast – Highly Commended